DCLA diamond experts will walk participants through a diamond course specifically tailored for on-floor sales staff, in a hands on workshop presented at the DCLA Laboratory.
Consumers are becoming more discerning and better informed; the internet is full of information and misinformation that can confuse the diamond buying customer, and jewellers now more than ever need to have the right answers for the barrage of questions they face when potential customers walk through the door.
With these factors in mind, subject areas covered in the workshop include the following:
- Detailed explanation and hands-on evaluation of the 4C’s of diamond grading. Participants will take part in the grading process to learn how the quality and value of a diamond are established.
- Guiding consumers to the shape, size, and quality right for them.
- Proper handling and presentation of loose diamonds for customer viewing.
- Explanation and identification of synthetic and treated diamonds, and how value is affected.
- How to read and explain Diamond Grading Certificates
- Discussions regarding common consumer misconceptions and answering frequently asked questions with confidence, topics including:
- Differences between diamond grading certificates
- The influx of online retailers and managing price comparisons
- Conflict diamonds and the Kimberly Process
Participants will have ample opportunity to ask questions throughout the approximate 6 hour workshop.
The next session will be conducted over the course of two consecutive afternoons:
Monday November 28th 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
Tuesday November 29th 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Cost: $640 plus GST
Spacing is limited, contact DCLA on 1300 66 3252 (DCLA) or email email@example.com to register.
Custom tailored private workshops are also available for groups of 8 to 12 participants, please contact Anna Cisecki on 02 9261 2104 for more information.