DCLA can verify your diamond against the diamond grading certificate you purchase it with, or a diamond which you are selling. DCLA will confirm that the diamond matches the grading certificate, whether it is a DCLA Diamond Certificate, or a certificate issued by another internationally recognised laboratory*. We will also check that the diamond is unaltered or damaged in any way.
DCLA can verify both loose diamonds and most diamonds mounted in jewellery. Please note, in some cases we may need to request a diamond be removed from its setting in order to perform a conclusive verification.
Escrow & verification service
In order to protect the Australian public, the DCLA and Escrow Australia Escrow & Verification provides a service eliminating the major risks associated with purchasing diamonds over the Internet.
Although buying a diamond on the Internet can result in significant savings, it also comes with additional risks namely:
- The diamond supplied does not match the certificate listed on the site
- The certificate is inaccurate or forged
- You make the payment but don’t receive the diamond
- The diamond has been subjected to an undisclosed treatment to improve its colour and/or clarity
- The diamond is not natural or is a simulant
As diamonds are of high value and require specialist knowledge, DCLA Escrow & Verification not only provides an escrow service, it also has the diamond assessed by the Diamond Certification Laboratory of Australia (DCLA). If the diamond does not match the advertised specifications, your funds are returned to you and the stone is returned to the seller.
The Escrow & Verification service is so successful, eBay Australia has agreed to offer it as a method of payment for diamonds transacted on eBay Australia.
A Simple and Secure Process Supports Every Transaction.
Once buyers and sellers have reached a pricing agreement around a diamond either party can visit DCLA to begin an escrow transaction
The Diamond Escrow Process
- Either party can register at Escrow Australia and click on ‘Start a New Transaction’ to begin.
- Via our secure (SSL) form we will collect information specific to the diamond being traded and the other parties email address. We will then contact the other party with instructions on how to register and ‘confirm’ the transaction details.
- With both parties agreed to the transaction specifics the buyer can make payment via Escrow Australia’s secure payment gateway. Once the payment has cleared we will notify the seller to login and collect the shipping details and send the buyer a GST compliant receipt.
- Once received DCLA confirms reciept via email to all parties and commences verification. This process can take up to 48 hours.
- Once the diamonds are confirmed as a match with the stated specifications DCLA will ‘accept’ the trade on the buyers behalf and forward the goods to the buyer.
- Escrow Australia will forward payment notification to the seller, the seller can then login to provide their bank account details and funds will be transferred within 24 hours.
All parties to the transaction are protected!
Contact us for further information +612 92612104
*For certificates issued by other international laboratories, DCLA verifies only that the diamond matches the accompanying certificate. DCLA can not and will not verify or guarantee the accuracy of grading on a certificate issued by a laboratory other than DCLA.