The Diamond Certification Laboratory of Australia (DCLA), Sydney, Australia is proud to announce that it has become only the fifth diamond certification laboratory worldwide to be accepted as grading to IDC Rules.
After a strict and lengthy auditing procedure, DCLA was granted the Rules by Mr. Les Milner of the SAJC.
The IDC Rules are the diamond grading guidelines devised by the International Diamond Council (IDC), which was set up in 1978 by the World Federation of Diamond Bourses (WFDB) and the International Diamond Manufacturers Association (IDMA). There are currently five gemmological laboratories worldwide that apply the IDC Rule Book. They are:
- The Certificates Department of the Antwerp Diamond High Council (HRD), Belgium
- The Swedish Testing Institute (SSEF), Sweden
- The Jewellery Council of South Africa Laboratory (SAJC), South Africa
- The Diamant Prueflabor, Idar Oberstein, Germany
- The Diamond Certification Laboratory of Australia (DCLA), Australia